Dreaming, Living, and Loving

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Trust Me with Your Isaac

Years ago, I read the following excerpt during a season of intense longing to be married, and yet waiting for God's fulfillment in this area of my life. God so infused the words of this poem into my heart, that 10 years later I still have almost the entire passage committed to memory. Ironically, the memory of this passage nor God's provision of my desire have alleviated the current longing and difficulty I experience while I wait again, wondering… will God grant the desire of my heart, and if He doesn’t, how will I live without it?


I have found the following words to encompass a new and all to familiar theme, as I find myself longing and waiting yet once again, fearing (maybe hearing) the Lord say, “Trust ME with YOUR Isaac.” My fear leads me to wonder – did I ever really trust Him or am I learning to trust Him again? Either way, here I am again… longing, waiting, listening, and hearing “Trust Me with Your Isaac.”


Trust Me with Your Isaac

Written by: Beth Moore


For every Abraham who dares to kiss the foreign field, where glory for a moment grasped is for a lifetime tilled…


The voice of God speaks not but once but til the traveler hears, “Abraham, Abraham, Bring your Isaac here!”


“Bring not the blemished sacrifice, what lovest thou the most? Look not into the distance, you’ll

find your Isaac close.”


“I hear the tearing of your heart torn between two loves, the ones your vision can behold the

Other hid above.”


“Do you trust me, Abraham with your gravest fear? Will you pry your fingers loose and bring your Isaac here?”


“Have I not made you promises? Hold them tight instead! I am the Lover of your soul – the Lifter of your head.”


“Believe me, O my Abraham when blinded by the cost. Arrange the wooded alter and count your gains but loss.”


“Let tears wash clean your blinded eyes until unveiled you see – the ram caught in the thicket there to set your Isaac free.”


“Perhaps I’ll send him down the mount to walk right by your side. No longer in your iron grasp, but safer still in mine.”


“Or I may wrap him in the wind and sweep him from your sight to better things beyond your reach – believe with all your might!”


“Look up, beloved Abraham, Can you count the stars? Multitudes will stand to reap from one dear friend of God.”


“Pass the test, my faithful one; bow to me as Lord. Trust me with your Isaac – see, I am your great Reward.”


Today’s Focus:

1. Don’t worry about the “what ifs” and “could be’s” of tomorrow, instead PRAY!!!

“Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” Phil. 4:6-7


2. Listen to what GOD is saying. Not what God is saying to others or what He could say tomorrow, but what HE is saying to YOU.

“Therefore, behold, I will allure her, bring her into the wilderness and speak kindly to her. Then I will give her vineyards from there, and from the valley of trouble a doorway of hope, and she will sing there as in the days of her youth, as in the day when she came up from the land of Egypt.” Hosea 2:14-15


3. Remember God’s Character. Not what I fear Him to be, but who He is.
For we do not have a high priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but One who has been tempted in all things as we are, yet without sin. Therefore let us draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.” Hebrews 4:15-16

6 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Angel. Absolutely beautiful...not cool, however, that you made me cry at work :-) I will be printing this excerpt out! Love and hugs to you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow, I missed this when you sent me the link. I am just now reading it...in God's perfect time. Thank you so much for taking the time to write this for us. I love you, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for reading ladies & thanks for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angel,
    I love anything you write. It always touches me, and I usually totally relate to it. I love you a ton. I am praying for you during this season of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Angel, God has gifted you to be able to express your feelings well in written form.
    I asked Mrs. Madge the other day if she had just one nugget of truth for me. She said, "Be patient! Wait on the message from the Lord!"
    WOW! I guess we all need that. Waiting is the hardest thing.
    I love you.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete